Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to be in the j-body scene, and I will say, without a doubt, to STAY AWAY from the RSM charger kit. I've personally known 3 people with that kit and NONE of them made the power expected. It was a good effort, but I don't think it was executed nicely. For one, it uses an FMU for the extra fuel, and if you research FMUs, you'll find nothing but problems with the diaphrams breaking in them, causing catostrophic failure if you're not paying full attention to your A/F ratios as you will no longer be getting the extra fuel the car needs. Second, the cog system on the charger is driven by a gear on the same cam as the power steering pump is driven off of. Scary! Extra boost is also impossible without having a new shaft machined for the drive system, not exactly a quick change of the pulley.

For the OP, I believe he was speaking of the Eaton/GM kit available for the 2.4DOHC motor. There is at least one company, I believe based in Missouri, that makes a modular pulley system for this blower. The GM kit also "comes with" a PCM reflash that can be done at the dealer for the tuning, though I'm not positive how it would handle the additional boost of the smaller pulley. Check out www.j-body.org and you can probably find more info there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.