Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Nope they don't have one out for the G6s, i've seen someone do a custom turbo job but it costs $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
haha something like that will add like 200hp i bet

·
Registered
46 Posts
As I said I know its not specific to the G6 but I think with some patience and inventiveness you could adapt that kit to work with the transversely(side says as you said) mounted engines we have.

I would imagine that moving the battery to the trunk would be the first place to start. But I am confident it could be retrofitted to work with our cars. For those who have a hard corps quest for speed they will do what is needed to get that speed.

I live about 2 minutes away from the countries leading authority on Buick GNX,T-Ttype and turbo 3.8 V6s and I plan on approaching him to see what would be involved with setting up a turbo on my 07 GTP. Honestly I think the price will make it not fiscaly sound but I am curious at any rate. Plus the guys up at Cottons performance in Agawam MA are pretty hip and there are a TON of seriously fast cars in their lot at all times.

At the end of the day the easiest and most cost effective way to speed is still cubes. I think if you wanted the power numbers that a supercharger/turbo would yeild you would be better off stepping up to a G8 GT where you would be starting with the power numbers a turbo or S/C would give you in the V6.

I would be willing to be that the S/C kit would run you at least five grand. Then add in a grand or so to retro fit for our uses and then add in for professional install. All said an done I would think the price tag "out the door" would be close to tend grand.

'Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Actually, I think it would fit with some modification. You just have to take the time, and find a way around all the bs. A top mount twin screw supercharger might could work with a custom made intake manifold. But, that centrifugal supercharger( procharger whatever) would definately work, especially since it's in the tight spaced camaro. Which probably has more junk in the way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now there is my kind of speed eater! Get that man a prize.

'Mike
Thanks,:D I hate when people say something can't be done. Especially when it comes to G6s. I see the G6 as a tuner car, alot can be done to it. It's just when you make custom things, stuff breaks, and people say it can't be done. You have to start over, and try again. Learn from your mistakes and make the product better. The reason why Honda has so many parts, is because they have been pissed off at V8s since the muscle car era. And since then, thousands off people have been modding, tuning, and custom making anything and everything for their Honda. And when it produces horsepower, and is reliable, that's when the companies get envolved and sell it to the population. And that is when you start seeing the turbo kits, superchargers, and stroker kits all over the internet, and in the car magazines. I'm just saying, the reason there is no parts, is because nobody wants to create them, or try them out. If you keep at it, the product will eventually work. And when people figure out it works, they sell it. And when that gets to a certain point, the big tuner companies come in to sell your product in mass quantities. And that is when you can go on to the internet, and find all the parts you want. If you are building a supercharger or turbo kit for your G6, don't give up. Because when enough people have it, the companies want everyone else to have it to. And the G6 being tooken out off production is not an excuse for no parts. I can name a few cars that have parts still being tested and have many other parts as well. Saturn Ion, Chevy cavalier, Lexus GS 300-SC 400, Nissan 240sx-Sylvia-300zx-280zx, Pontiac Transam-GTO-Solstice, just to name a few.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I dont think ive seen it said that it couldnt be done. Actually I have pix showing it was done....
Its just not cost effective for what you get out of these engines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. The cost per HP would be obnoxious. At $7K out the door with install, and this is low balling big time, and lets say you gain 100HP, which is saying ALOT, that works out to be $70 per HP. Thats rather pricey I think. When all is said and done you would have about 350ish HP? Now this is nothing to scoff at but you could easily and more cheaply get those power numbers out of any number of vehicles with little or no modding. G8GT comes to mind as well as the GTO.

But its a novel idea non the less.

'Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i appreciate that knowledge now...i have been looking and just couldn't find one...but that would explain why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts