Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone! I will be taking my car to the local mechanic here to get some suspension and steering work done for the clunks and noises when turning.

Can anyone tell me the common things that will most likely be replaced? I would like to buy them online and just take them to the shop directly and maybe save up some money..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ball joints (whole control arm needs to be replaced) which they are much cheaper on ebay..... strut mounts, tie rod ends, sway bar bolts and bushings just to name a few possibilities

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys! I ended up getting things from Rockauto in fact. I purchased control arms, tie rod ends and cv joints. This was at the top of my list and let see how it goes from there:D:barf:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone . I got some major problems with my 05 g6 , and I was wondering if y'all could help me out I'd appreciate it . I just would like to know what to get to fix the front and rear suspension . Like every part . Or complete kits if any . I know the basics of it, I would like other advice before I jump right into it . Can't rely on dealership because they always say they can't find nothing wrong . Tired of deal in with them . . Thanks for y'all's help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone . I got some major problems with my 05 g6 , and I was wondering if y'all could help me out I'd appreciate it . I just would like to know what to get to fix the front and rear suspension . Like every part . Or complete kits if any . I know the basics of it, I would like other advice before I jump right into it . Can't rely on dealership because they always say they can't find nothing wrong . Tired of deal in with them . . Thanks for y'all's help
I would recommend looking up suspension diagrams in google. There are some pages that show you the diagram and names of the parts. You can google it in images.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts