Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard shifter and was woundeing if I bought a slap shifter from a gt would I be able to swap the shifters and if it would actually work? Has any one ever tryed it and if so does it work?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I have a standard shifter and was woundeing if I bought a slap shifter from a gt would I be able to swap the shifters and if it would actually work? Has any one ever tryed it and if so does it work?
I moved this thread to the correct forum since this forum is specifically for How-to guides and step-by-step directions, not questions.

To answer your question, simply installing shifter plate or module from a GT will not let your slapshift. You would have to reprogram several computer components like the TCM and PCM and probably the BCM which all work in unison to keep the car working. They all have to be programed for slapshift compatibility when the car is made so adding the functionality after the fact is never worth it (although it is probably possible).

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Hmm. I've always thought about doing this. But with all that reprogramming it would be kind of involved. Perhaps more research is in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts