Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 G6.

I totaled my 2001 Mercury Cougar and am going to be parting it out. I was spoiled by some really, really nice stock speakers and now I miss them. The G6 speakers are actually pretty good, but I miss what I had. Is it possible to:

A) Use the speakers from my Cougar in addition to my G6 stock speakers?
or
B) Use the speakers from my Cougar in place of my G6 stock speakers?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Are the cougar speakers the same size? If so then sure you can replace em. You can add them too but where would you put em?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a 00 Cougar and have to admit they were really good stock speakers. My monsoon speakers are a good upgrade from the Cougar's. Have you considered these if you wanted to stay somewhat stock? Sorry this doesn't really answer your question but your the first person I've seen also coming from a Cougar and just had to post :cool:.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Assuming he has a regular radio, since it doesn't mention it in the original post, it's not quite that simple. The monsoon speakers use 4 wires compared to the 2 wires the standard radio uses. The monsoon speakers are also 2ohm, compared to the regular radio's 4ohm speakers, which could cause problems if the regular radio is not stable at 2ohms. That would also be an issue with adding the speakers to the existing ones. You'll end up dropping the impedance of the speaker and the radio may not be stable at that impedance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts