Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Operation Black0ut*

Hey guys,

I got my 2008 Pontiac G6 GT coupe in May of this year (2012). She had around 24,000 miles on her and bought in like-new condition.

Completed:
  • 5% tint on the sides and back, 50% on the windshield
  • Viper 5704 (Automatic start and full body car alarm)
  • Sony doubledin DVD deck and Metra kick in the glove box
  • 2 1000 RMS Kicker CVR subs in an enclosure
  • Infinity Harmon speakers (tweeters, 6 1/2, and 6/9)
  • 1 Kicker DX400.4 for the speakers
  • 1 Kicker DX1000.1 for the subs.
  • Dynamat trunk (Bottom)
  • Eagle Eye Headlights with 35W 5k Low and fogs and 55w 6k highs. LED Switchback Turn signsl (Solid white and and then turns yellow when turn signal is activated)
  • EagleEye LED Tail Lights, Painted candy black, LED Reverse and side marker lights
  • LED License plate lighting
  • Crabs O3 W/ FPU
  • NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
  • Debadged the side GM logos and the back Pontiac G6 GT.
  • Black Pontiac Darts with chrome outline
  • Jet black painted grill.

Future:
  • Dynamat the top trunk to reduce rattles
  • Dual Exhaust
  • Black rims with red outline
  • Painted red calipers
  • WAMS Tune
  • Slotted/Drilled Rotors
  • Brakes
  • Lowering Sprints
  • Strut bar
  • High performance tires
  • LED lighting in the interior.
Feel free to give more ideas!

Here she is at the Dealership:

This is a couple weeks after the tint was applied:

My Sony DVD In-Dash Deck (XAV601BT)

My Metra Kit in the glove box (99-3303)

My two amps for my sound system(ZX1000.1 *Subs* and DX400.4 *Speakers*)

Kicker CVR 12' Subs with enclosure (They barely fit)

About three weeks after I got her it hailed. Caused around $6,000 in damage..

Added black Eagle Eyes with HIDs in the lows, highs, and fogs. Put switchback LEDs in for the turn signals (White when turn signal is off, blinks yellow when turn signal is activated and goes back to pure white when deactivated). Painted my grill jet black and added black Pontiac dart overlays to the front and back emblems.

New LED Tails made by Eagle Eyes. I added an LED white bulb and red LED sidemarker bulb along with a new license plate LED. The tail lights are painted a candy black but you can't really tell in the picture. I'm in the process of getting the car tinted darker so I'll upload a picture with the new tint and painted tails.

Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Criticism is appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've been thinking about lowering it a lot lately. My only problem is that my knowledge on car stuff is very low and springs seem extremely difficult. I'd love to put them on though. If you have any tips or how-to's let me know!

And beck I'm going to check yours out!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Springs are pretty easy to install. The rear is literally just one bolt on each side. A hydraulic jack definitely helps there. The front is a bit more involved, you'll have to pull the entire spring/strut assembly from the car, you'll then need a spring compressor to remove the old spring and to replace the new spring. An impact wrench helps get the top nut off but if that's not available just loosen it before you jack up the car. Helps make it a bit easier.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New LED Tails made by Eagle Eyes. I added an LED white bulb and red LED sidemarker bulb along with a new license plate LED. The tail lights are painted a candy black but you can't really tell in the picture. I'm in the process of getting the car tinted darker so I'll upload a picture with the new tint and painted tails.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is your license plate led blue?
No it's white. The exact one you told me to get. The picture makes it look blue for some reason. I think it has something to do with the water/cold making it look blue. Lol
car looks nice... man i miss my car
Thanks! I'll definitely miss this car someday. I wish they still made Pontiacs

1 - 20 of 48 Posts