Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently put in LED tailights however one didn't work so I sent it back to be replaced. Now I come to find out that my tailights don't work but my break lights and blinkers do. My taillights are supposed to be on at night right? Could this be a blown fuse? Help?

·
Registered
174 Posts
sounds like a blown fuse. I had a similar problem a while ago. It was a fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the trunk. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
If you turn your lights all the way on using the light switch do they turn on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking a blown fuse but i could not find the fuse for the taillight? Do you know which one it is. And no if i turn my lights on the taillights are still off.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
under the hood if you open the battery cover, the fuse box is there and there is one in the trunk on the left side of it. If you open it, the lid of the fuse box has a diagram on it which will tell you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem but it is only with the passenger side tail light. I just replaced the bulb to fix a brake light/turn signal problem, which is now fixed but the tail light won't go on when the lights are on. Before I changed the bulb the taillight worked. Now after changing it... it doesn't go on. I don't think its a fuse because its only on the 1 side. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you're using LED bulbs make sure they are in correctly. They will one work when plugged in one way, If it doesn't work, pull it out and flip it then plug it back in, If it still doesnt work could be a faulty bulb.

You can always check to see if you're getting power at the socket. On older cars i've try swapping bulbs from one side to the other to test things out.

if they're just regular bulbs it could still be a faulty one.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am having a similar problem but it is only with the passenger side tail light. I just replaced the bulb to fix a brake light/turn signal problem, which is now fixed but the tail light won't go on when the lights are on. Before I changed the bulb the taillight worked. Now after changing it... it doesn't go on. I don't think its a fuse because its only on the 1 side. Any suggestions?
Make sure the lamp base is bottomed out in the socket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently put in LED tailights however one didn't work so I sent it back to be replaced. Now I come to find out that my tailights don't work but my break lights and blinkers do. My taillights are supposed to be on at night right? Could this be a blown fuse? Help?
I'm having that same problem with my 2009 g6 did you get it fixed. If so what was the problem?.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts