Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread yesterday that was asking if they should tint their tail lights. The obvious answer in my head was YES, then i realized that my tail lights weren't tinted... so i went out and did them. and they turned out awesome. I used 3 coats of VHT Nightshades and 4 coats of clear coat.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Those came out real nice. And to my surprise still not bad visibility. :beer:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
290 Posts
I literally did mine last night. I'm thinking of doing the third brake light also though just to change things up from the usual. I also didn't do the reverse light portion.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those came out real nice. And to my surprise still not bad visibility. :beer:

I literally did mine last night. I'm thinking of doing the third brake light also though just to change things up from the usual. I also didn't do the reverse light portion.

Thank you. and a lot of people do their third brake light. I didn't do mine because during the day time people can't see my lights and I wanted them to be able to see me braking. also wizadsrok24 did you clear coat yours and use compound on them? They look flat :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
They are flat. When I went and got the stuff for it, I forgot to grab clear coat. So I have to go back and do that this next weekend.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You do that after the clear coat correct? And what compound do you suggest?

·
4,054 Posts
after the clear coat dries, you want to buff it out a couple times with some rubbing compuond, then a couple times with Meguires plastx, last hit it with a good coat of wax, and they should be as shiney as your car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts