Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if there was a post around here of "HOW TO" get your tailights tinted. if there isnt, can anybody help me here? i would really like to make them limo black. Is it complicated? What % of tint would look the best?

·
Registered
911 Posts
buy a can of vht nightshakes (any autoparts store) and a can of clear coat. remove tail lights or mark off anything you don't want black then spray a coat at a time til you get desired tint. let dry, clear coat, let dry, done.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if your going to do it with vht niteshades, sand the headlight with 800 grit first, spray the tint on and wet/dry sand with 1000 grit between coats. once you get the darkness you want, spray clear coat on it and sand with 1500 grit between clear coats. then you will want to buff it to a shine afterwards if the clear coat isnt shiny enough for you

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks a lot but i don't understand one thing. The clear coat can. Whats that supposed to do? Also, i should apply 2 coats of nightshade and 2 coats (one to begin with and 1 in between the nightshade coats) with the clear can?
Do i apply the nightshade spray by the inside of the tail lights?

And please, what does the "buff it" mean? :p

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
you apply the nightshades right onto the outside of the taillight. you do as many coats as you need to get the darkness you want. let it dry and then you put 2-3 coats of clear on to protect it.

buffing it means basically waxing it or polishing it

·
Registered
441 Posts
If your not wanting to go that way I ended up going with flyeyes - its a vinyl that you put on over the tail light. I went with the lighter of the two (I wasn't sure how dark to go) but I think darker may look good too. Good thing, since it allows a % of the 'natural' brake light to come through its 100% legal so the cops can't play games.

IMGP0148 by TheCigarNut1, on Flickr

IMGP0154 by TheCigarNut1, on Flickr

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot guys :)

and btw nice flyeyes ill try to find some darker doh :p if it would look good :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.