Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to add washer fluid today and look what I found!!!

:2up: INJEN!!!!!!!!

This is very bad!!! I have no idea when it broke!!! I drove through snow four days ago and calcium chloride dust which I hope the engine didn't digest!!! Now I have to change my oil, 4000 miles sooner than scheduled.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ouch, that’s why I’m building my own with a few more couplers, It’s going to have a 90 Degree flexible elbow 90 Degree 3 inch pipe welded to the long straight pipe - coupler - 45 Degree pipe - coupler - MAF - coupler - 90 degree down bend - filter. The problem with the Injen intake on this car is its pretty much one solid pipe with a hard point to bolt it on. With the extra couplers for flexibility and a modified hard point in the same place. For the Hard point i'm going to used rubber washers to provide some more flexibility.

I predict this will become more of an issue with the Manual tranny GTP's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've just about totally had it with this car!!! My speedo is still screwy, the blower motor is starting to vibrate the dash when it's on high, I've started to hear that high pitched noise from the passenger side window going 60+, my steering wheel is getting harder to turn the colder it gets out, the rubberized interior is a PIA to keep clean, and now the broken pipe takes the cake, even though it's not a GM part.!!! No wonder GM's going into the crapper!!! I took the car to the dealer and told them I want out!!! May be getting an '05 Vibe cheap!!! At least with Toyota parts it can't be all that bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts