Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this with you guys in case you havn't noticed or it hasnt happened yet.

Last saturday I had to work and we got one hell of a rain shower (2 inchs in 30mins). While it was still raining I had finished up my shift and headed for the car. After getting drenched on the way to car I sat in the seat and noticed some water inside the window.. instinctively I checked the windows and sunroof to make sure everything had been closed. Yep... then I realized my leg was getting soaked. Water was literally pouring out where the sun visor mounts to the roof. WTF!

I had the body / collision center at the dealership 'fix' the problem on monday but it hasnt rained again so im not sure if its a done deal yet. Ill keep you all informed... according to the guy at the dealership it wasn't the sunroof but one of the body trim moldings on the outside of the car.

I love my g6.

·
Registered
70 Posts
S8ER99,

I have the same problem. I have the panoramic roof. Two days after I got the car I noticed 4 inches of water in the trunk well. Last week, the driver seat and the back left seat were drenched. The car has only 1500 km's on it. Do you think they can really fix the problem or should I be insisting on a new one? What did your body shop say?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get any paperwork from them..but I can call monday and confirm what he did. As far as I was told they pulled the trim (its the long black strip on the roof located on the far outer edge) then they filled in the channel with something to prevent future leaking. Personally if I were you I would be insisting on a fix immediately!! It only takes a few times before your interior is damaged.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my car back today. It wasn't the roof at all. It was the rear window. They re-sealed it and said that it was fixed. Let's hope so...for their sake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts