Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I "test drove" ( :D ) the orange GTP again today, I noticed that it had the temp display (which I knew it had). But when I went inside and looked at the GT coupe, it doesn't. I thought both the GT and the GTP had an outside temp gauge?

I also noticed that the seat heater switch lights up too with the lights on :) I think that's a nice touch on GM's part!

·
Registered
279 Posts
They all display the outside ambient temperature in radio display (if you select that display mode) but more likely you were looking at the display in AC control head which is setting for the INSIDE temperature for automatic climate control, not the outside temp

Auto climate control is standard on GTP and not avaiable on other models.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was aware of the autoclimate, but I was refering to outside air temp through the radio dosplay. I didn't find one (nor could I select) the air temp on a GT coupe, but was there in the GTP in the radio off mode and FM/AM station mode (XM blocks the temp display when in use).

I figured the GT would have the outside air temp on the radio too...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ahhh,

To cycle thru available display settings on radio keep tapping on the the DISP button on radio. When you see the display you want as your default press and hold until you hear a "BEEP". This becomes your new default display. Likely the 2 vehicles you looked at were set to different displays because you CAN set up air temperature to be displayed even when in XM mode.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even the GT's have this? I played with the display and found nothing on the Gt, but was able to get it on the GTP in FM/AM/off...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes, the GTs do have the outside temp display.

With the audio off or while listening to the radio, it's normally displayed on the right side of the top display line. Listening to a CD, you'd have to press the DISP button to get it to show up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts