Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i have been researching this bad boy and havnt came up with much...ik lampoon gave the part number over on g6p but he said it did not come with a template of where to drill the holes...for me i dont have a rear spoiler so this template is a MUST...i dont wanna have the stealership install it they will charge me an arm and a leg...is there any other way to get ahold of the template without have the dealership install?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bawl: o god i was afraid you were going to say that lol im no good at doing that kinda stuff

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I drew one out....but I think it was eatin by my garage.

Just tape about 9 pieces or paper together or whatever it takes to traverse the trunk.

Set the spoiler upside down and push the paper onto the spoiler making sure its centered.
Then while its on mark (outline) the edges of the spoiler on the paper. If I recall correctly you will reuse a couple of the stock holes. Now pull it off and set it on your trunk.
Line up the holes that are alike and tape this template down onto your trunk.
Now center punch or pilot drill hole the needed holes. Once you are done with that pull it off and drill them out to the same ID as your stock holes.

If you have no holes to line up your template on then that is why you marked the template with the edges of the spoiler. You can center it up on the trunk lid to the read most edge then center the template based on the side markings you made on the template.

The 09.5 spoiler has a definite back edge that you can mark on your template and then line it up on your trunk via the template.

This is real easy. Trust me....
I dont recall how many bolts there were (i think the photos I took show it though)
but even if your off by a 1/4 inch you can adjust your holes.....these will all be covered by the spoiler!! Lots of error room.

Dont forget to take some touch up paint and go around the edges of the holes you drill.
That will protect the exposed raw metal from rusting.

The new spoiler comes with 3M adhesive circles that will circle around and seal off these holes from the outside. They will be attached to the underside of your spoiler first.
Dont forget to use the adhesion promoter on the trunk in the areas where the tape will be.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o well i guess thats no SO bad...wow i thought i was in over my head on this 1 but it dont seem to bad...thank you so much water and pooner...hey lampoon or water or whoever does anyone have a definit item number for this spoiler gmpartsdirect is the shittiest site i have ever seen you cant find shit unless you know your exact part number if anyone could find the actuall 1 i would like to order right when it is given to me :) ty all

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty lampoon i seen your post the first time when you just got it and had it painted on g6p but then i was looking at the price it has went up in price since you bought it so i wasnt forsure if they changed the item number or something but ty

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I snagged one like the day they offered it over the parts counter at Pontiac.
I liked it that much! ;)

It went up like 6 months later. but yeah...thats it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts