Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L Flex Fuel
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I got a 2010 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L. All of a sudden I noticed a significant drop in gas mileage. I used to average around 22 or 23 MPG. Now I average around 16 MPG and having to fill up a lot more. I've changed the spark plugs, ran a fuel system cleaner through, also made sure my tires are set at the correct psi. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey y'all, I got a 2010 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L. All of a sudden I noticed a significant drop in gas mileage. I used to average around 22 or 23 MPG. Now I average around 16 MPG and having to fill up a lot more. I've changed the spark plugs, ran a fuel system cleaner through, also made sure my tires are set at the correct psi. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I assume you have checked for gasoline leaks, checked the fuel filter and fuel pump? Have you noticed an increase in the exhaust, any backfires, or leaks in the exhaust system? I have 3.9L and get around 16mph around town and 23mph HW. Not great, but consistent - so I think something on your car has failed. As someone else said, check to see what error codes you are getting.

Finally, take it to a reputable dealer and ask them to troubleshoot :)

·
2007 G6 GT conv
18 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 3.9L. Turned out to be the air flow sensor unit . It was not operating properly and causing the computer to issue more fuel to compensate for the "supposed" low air-to-fuel mixture. Hence more fuel usage and low mileage numbers. Got that replaced and its' working reasonably fine. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts