Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I finally test drove a black 06 GTP coupe with a six speed manual. Had every option. Very nice.

I liked the heated leather seats; although I didnt notice they were even on, as I never warmed up as much as I'd like to have. The car itself warmed up very quickly, and I appreciated that as it was 29 degrees outside. The engine idled nicely, and the clutch was a dream compared to my Firebird.

However, I was quickly irritated with the shifter. I was a little annoyed with how notchy it was. I liked it a lot, but the notchy feel it gave me and the noise it made while shifting made me think it felt cheap. I also was irate when I went to park it, I couldn't inch backwards in reverse, because I couldn't get it in reverse. Ten minutes later, a technician told me you have to pull up on a tab on the boot to get it in there. Because I couldnt get it into reverse, I couldn't get the key out of the ignition.

I was happy with the interior. I love the backlighting, the XM, and my mom was doing dance moves in the backseat it was so roomy and comfortable she said.

That said, I was slightly uncomfortable driving it, as it felt bigger than I was used to, and the smaller than average rear window impeded a great deal of view, as did the seat rests in the back. Paired with equally tiny side mirrors, I was nervous making lane changes.

Overall, I really liked it. I am not certian this is the car for me, as I still have other cars I need to look at and test drive, but I was impressed, for the most part.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
So tonight I finally test drove a black 06 GTP coupe with a six speed manual. Had every option. Very nice.

I liked the heated leather seats; although I didnt notice they were even on, as I never warmed up as much as I'd like to have. The car itself warmed up very quickly, and I appreciated that as it was 29 degrees outside. The engine idled nicely, and the clutch was a dream compared to my Firebird.

However, I was quickly irritated with the shifter. I was a little annoyed with how notchy it was. I liked it a lot, but the notchy feel it gave me and the noise it made while shifting made me think it felt cheap. I also was irate when I went to park it, I couldn't inch backwards in reverse, because I couldn't get it in reverse. Ten minutes later, a technician told me you have to pull up on a tab on the boot to get it in there. Because I couldnt get it into reverse, I couldn't get the key out of the ignition.

I was happy with the interior. I love the backlighting, the XM, and my mom was doing dance moves in the backseat it was so roomy and comfortable she said.

That said, I was slightly uncomfortable driving it, as it felt bigger than I was used to, and the smaller than average rear window impeded a great deal of view, as did the seat rests in the back. Paired with equally tiny side mirrors, I was nervous making lane changes.

Overall, I really liked it. I am not certian this is the car for me, as I still have other cars I need to look at and test drive, but I was impressed, for the most part.
The Shifter is a bit notchy and there are blindspots, but overall the car is excellent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
try sedan

Subtle_Cynicism said:

test drive a automatic-stick would not give you much of a advantage unless you street race a lot--mileage difference is neglible-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts