Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm Benji. I finally got my hands on an 07. She's a little rough but a diamond (or at least a cz)! Vert top stuck down right now, leaky valve cover gaskets (replaced over the weekend) oil pressure sender leaking (also replaced) fresh oil change.... Overfilled and way overdue) ....switched to mobil1 5w30 and purrs like a kitten. Transmission service will be next. Ordered the ram that's leaking ... Pass side lift cylinder. Also the tonneau cover is not installed but I have all 3 pieces. The center part has both attachment points for the side pieces broken and the wires were cut. Like I said, she's had a rough life. So anyone know an easier way to unlock the trunk (backwards) from the stowed position without removing the trunk lid and back seat since the tonneau is not blocking access. Still unsure also how to disconnect the hydraulic Rams then reconnect them to the new ones when I get them? Other
than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! I miss Pontiac. I have a Saab 9-3 as well...06.. just happens to share the epsilon platform with the G6. Looking forward to stalking the knowledge base here and keeping her presence known! Thanks all!!5

·
Registered
525 Posts
This link may help with the hydraulic ram replacement process. In my case I was able to get the trunk lid to reverse open using the usual button, it just would not move the top. I would say it depends on if you get any pump activity and how low on fluid you are. It may be worth seeing if you can get access to the pump fill port to add some fluid if the pump sounds like it tries to start. I was able to add more fluid that way.

I think a few of us will be interested if you managed to find a reliable source of replacement hydraulic rams. I would suggest you may need to repair / replace both as I found the other side failed soon after. Whilst it is not a cheap option, I sent both of mine off to Top Hydraulics and they did a good job on the repair. I have had no trouble since I put them back in. Good luck and hope you get to enjoy it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I lucked out and got 2 Rams (main lifting Rams) used, shipped for 144.00 on eBay, just got them I the mail today, they look leak free so far, I will update when I get them installed, I'm gonna send my old ones for rebuild, I'm sure they will go out soon as well, be nice to have backups. How much did it cost you total for the rebuild?

·
Registered
525 Posts
At the time I think it was about $200 each + whatever extra for tax or shipping. The prices were on their web site. Hope you have good luck with the eBay replacements

1 - 5 of 5 Posts