Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best $10 I ever spent. I washed my car today and used the Absorber to dry it. Now, having a black car, the last time I washed it I used towels....big mistake. They just moved the water around and left all little flakes and bristles on the car. The Absorber is pretty amazing. It's better than a chamois, sucks the water right up. After a few passes over a section, it's completely dry with no water spots or anything. Just thought I'd give ya a heads up, especially for those with darker cars. I picked mine up at Walmart.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought a chamois 6 years ago whe nI started driving and it has been the best thing I've used...it's starting to fall apart now, but still works. I haven't been able to find one like it, so its good to know someone else tried a substitue and it works.

I bought one about 2 years ago and it disintegrated after 4 washes...left yellow flakes everywhere...

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I was a loyal chamois user for many years, until I washed my Mom's minivan a couple years ago and dried it with her Absorber. After that I picked one up for myself, and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would just be careful, as goes with any drying medium. if you get any dirt particles lodged in teh medium it will scratch your car. this goes for the absorber, towels, microfiber, the water blade, etc. one way to rid the car of most of the water is, take the nozzle of the hose and let a medium stream of water run over the vehicle from top to bottom. this will cause a sheeting action and of the water will run off. then take your towel/absorber and tidy up.

i cheat however and use deionized water that leaves no water spots. i can wash a black car in the sun (i live in vegas btw) and not dry it. still no water spots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gotta ask, how does one get ahold of deionized water?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You guys have sold me. Bought the Absorber today at Advance for a little under 10 bucks. I'll find out if it's worth all the hype!

·
Registered
314 Posts
It is, trust me. The Absorber dried my black Firebird like nothing I've ever used. Just make sure you squeeze it out when the water starts to not pick up as well.

Other than that, the California Water Blade + Absorber = spot free car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OMG! I bought this yesterday to give her a bath for the first time. (By the way that was only after 200 miles) :) I cant tell you how much I love this thing. I just found the perfect present for every guy i know.Thanks so much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
California Car Duster

Hello pollen friends. You ever get up in the morning and notice that nasty glaze of yellow over your car? I bought this thing called a California Car Duster. Totally takes the pollen and dust off your car. I cant even explain how great this is. I hate washing my car and making it look pretty to find out that its dirty again in the morning. Its a must buy in my book.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I have the California Duster too, and I agree, it works well. Just be sure not too apply too mush pressure down on your paint with it. Just like anything you rub against your paint, you could cause scratches/swirls. Just let the fibers dangle down to the surface, barely touching.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I never lived in a bigger city before, and now, everyday when I go out to my car, I have a fine layer of dust on my car.

That duster is used everyday to make my car shine even more by removing that dust.

It's wonderful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OK since drying the car after a wash is my LEAST favorite thing to do Ill be picking up this absober thing on my next Walmart visit!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts