Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this site is going pretty well given the age of this car, thus far. I'm not postwhoring, but I definately want to liven the action in this club up. We have 200 some odd members, get posting, guys!​

The G6 has been out for about a year or so now, and some of you on this board have had yours for most of that time frame. Even if you've just recently got your G6/G6GT, you're included.

What are the amenities on this car that you absolutely love, even if it's so small, most would overlook it.

On the downside, what are some things you don't like about the G6; in terms of quality, materials, or, overall problems you have encountered in general.

Do you regret buying a G6 or are you looking forward to the future with it.

Finally, if you could get GM to change one or two things on the G6, what would it be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Things I love: panoramic roof, chrome-tech wheels, remote start, steering wheel controls, acceleration, red dash illumination, and mainly just the overall looks of the vehicle. I just love the way the g6 looks, I think it is a head turner!

Things I don't like: the rattle I have from my p-roof, the steering wheel (3 spoke would be much better), quality of the plastic in the interior could be better, a more "dynamic" leather package (they're doing this with the GTP).

I do not regret purchasing a g6. The biggest thing to me that overrides everything else is the appearance of the vehicle. I love to drive my g6, because I catch people staring all the time. That is a great feeling.

2 things I wish my g6 had that it doesn't: dual exhaust (again, they are doing this on the GTP), body colour side mirrors.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking forward to the Panoramic roof, but I will not lie: I am scared of this rattle people are talking about. Chrome Tech wheels are nicelooking, but for some reason I don't know if they are as good of quality as, say, real chrome would be.

The remote start is going to be AWESOME for the snowy months, and I've always wanted a car with steering post controls.

I've been told that the four prong wheel is being replaced in the 06 models by a three prong one, and its standard on the coupe and GTP. And by dynamic leather do you mean more perks, like having GTP embroidered on it?

I will say that I am bothere dby the fact that the GT doesnt have anymore horsepower than the Sedan, and a little disappointed in the one chrome exhaust pipe, but other than that, I love it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Comments from my wife who is main driver of our G6 GT:

Likes: Acceleration (last vehicle was a Saturn LS300 with V6), XM radio, chrome accents on the AC duct outlets and instrument cluster

Dislikes: Can't see front corners of vehicle (she puts the seat up WAAY high - 5'4" tall)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own a black G6 V6 with a normal sunroof and remote starter -

Likes: remote starter (especially in the winter - I live in Toronto), acceleration, styling (not just another blah Accord or Camry), interior layout (although the quality of materials could be improved I enjoy the 'driver' oriented cockpit of the G6)

Dislikes: steering (aside from the power steering failing - which I got fixed - the steering itself is a bit awkward), location of cup holders -

PROBLEMS: So far i've had two issues with the G6 - the power steering failed at about 3500KM and the speedometer which would jump during acceleration. Both problems were easily fixed and the service department at the dealership was quite helpful and friendly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dislikes: Someone previously mentioned hard to see front corners and the rear (ours is G6 V6 w/out spolier). Most of the cars we looked at had this problem. No "memory" set on the seat/pedal/other adjusts for 2 drivers. WOuld have also liked more color choices in the non-Gt models.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We like the pedals, power to fuel milage ratio. As mentioned, memory for seat, mirros ect would have been nice. Don't mind the four spoke steering wheel either.
Really like auto volume radio and auto speed wipers.
The thing I wish is that the steering wheel would come out a little farther.
We love the Electric Blue!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts