Pontiac G6 Forum banner

The car does not move in drive

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lesshort 
#1 ·
Hi, i have a 2007 g6 gt. When i put the car in drive, the car does not move, the engine runs, but i don't have any power to the wheels. The problem started today, and i didn't had any sings something (at least for what i know, and i don't know almost anything). It works just fine in reverse and manual, but it doesn't move in drive.So what could be the problem?

#2 ·
I seem to remember there was a recall for the transmission selector as it would not always command the right gear. If you have the tap shift option, you could also try dropping into manual mode to see if you can engage first or second gear. In tap shift mode you should get M1, M2 on the odometer to show you the gear. Some have also mentioned jiggling the shifter to see if it will engage. One of these might give you a clue as to it being a selector problem or something like a transmission solenoid issue. Hope this helps and you can get it fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.