Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really like the looks of the convertible. But roll down the damn windows! Nothing looks worse than a convertible with the windows rolled up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Worth it!

GTPGuy82 said:
They're nice, but I still prefer my coupe! Convertibles are good for 4-5 months out of the year where I live.
Same here. But, worth it in my humble opinion.:D

BTW, the dealership in the photo, Hemphill. Reminds me of a Texas dealer, but, not sure if it's the same. I lived in Houston for a time, and that's where I remember it from.

·
Registered
28 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
^ No! Wind is an integral part of the convertible experience! If you don't want it to be windy in your car skip the convertible and get a sunroof. :D
Agreed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned a 2006 GTP granite color convertible since March 28th and have driven about 4000 miles. The performance is excellant and I love driving it. The only problem I've encountered is a rattling sound with the top up. I'm taking it to the dealer Monday to have them check it. The dealer told me that they are only getting 7 of them this year but, since it has been highly recieved, 2007 will be a bigger production year.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Resurrecting this as it was linked at the bottom of one of the recent vert threads (that's a neat feature in case you didn't notice - scroll all the way down and there are 5 threads with related titles that can either help in your search or just provide some fun reading :))

^ No! Wind is an integral part of the convertible experience! If you don't want it to be windy in your car skip the convertible and get a sunroof. :D
xeleventyprillion! We scoff and laugh at those who have their tops down but windows up
. Then again they can't hear us because our laughter is drowned in wind noise.

·
Head Moose
3 Posts
I just got my 07 Convertible a few weeks ago... granted... weather has been nothing less than a total cocktease around here. But, I did have a nice Sunday two weeks ago, dropped the top, lit a cuban cigar, and took off to NYC.... still, even in the bad weather, I'm loving this car!

I don't even miss my GT sedan I traded for it :) (except for the aux. input jack... )

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah that was a nice day - unfortunately I was sick so didn't feel like experiencing the elements just then :( Had a guy in a Corvette vert with the top down pull out in front of me and nearly wipe out tho'
Stupid vert drivers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with the top mechanism, JerseyMoose. I'm thinking hard about whether to get a convertible myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought a 2007 G6 HTC with 3000 miles. so far so good. but there are some squeaks in the body that are irritating. squeaks got worse after getting the oill changed - assume that was because of the lift

·
Registered
80 Posts
An '07 with just 3,000 miles? Must have been somebody's summer weekends-only car for sure.

That's interesting, and a little disturbing, about your experience with the mechanic's lift. If every oil change disturbs the body alignment, it doesn't seem to bode well for long-term stability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The squeaks calmed down after a short period so disturbing the body with the four arm lift must have been the cause.

The G6 convertible is known as marginal with regard to body integrity. Guess this is a symptom.

G6 convertible still seems like a great car with many many owners very happy with them. I'll keep you posted as I put some miles on this one.

·
Head Moose
3 Posts
I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with the top mechanism, JerseyMoose. I'm thinking hard about whether to get a convertible myself.

I gotta say I love it. I've had it about a month, bought it GM Certified, and took it back to dealer last Friday for a "strut noise" from the right front and rear.

Turns out it was just the front stabilizer links that needed a replacement (loose). So far, I have just a tick under 49,000 miles.

but after the adjustment.... amazing! I mean, granted, it's not a Merc, or a BMW or even an EOS... so you will have cowl shake, and squeaks... But still, I'm much happier that I chose this OVER the EOS (they've got more problems than you care to know).

funny thing, I get better fuel economy with this car over my 09 GT Sedan even.

For the money... it's a great car, simple roof design (compared to other HTC's out there), and looks good top up or down, and therefore justifiable in any weather :)

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
As Droptop has said in the past if the rattles start to bug you turn up the stereo and enjoy lol.I can put up with minor noise for the fun of top down driving all be it only 6 months of it up here in the great white north.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts