Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally. i have my dual exhaust!!!

total for parts, labor, and tax = 208.75

Parts- 2 chrome tips, 1 flowsound (flowmaster 40 series) muffler, and piping.

turns out i had a BAD leak in the first muffler? under the cabin. replaced that with just piping.

Yes, i know, pics and video!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This will do for now... im going to try and get a video from my phone that sounds okay.

Attachments

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
how bout some under the car pics, did you have them cut up the Y pipe? how much is dual? The slash cut tips look nice!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doing it now...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its only dual from the muffler back.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, how can i upload a video?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
where is the muffler at? clear at the back? dosent sound like a dual exhaust, more like dual outlet, like the GT-R and the stock GTP/GXP systems. I uploaded mine to you tube and then you just have to copy and paste the link to here, and your video will appear. like this:

Gotta love cell phone quality video/sound!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its dual outlet. thats what i ment to say. its just aftermarket muffler and dual outlet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a really crappy video though. it makes it sound like there is rasp but i have yet to hear any.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I dont know why it did not work for you. Is that a video of a G6 or a Camaro exhaust, because at the end isn't that the back of a new camaro? I dont think doing it in a garage helped your sound any either. But either way I know what you mean about the sound being distorted because mine sounds better in person then in my video.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the g6 parked outside of the garage and set the phone on my dads car.(yes new camaro ss :) but I took several videos from dif angles around the car and that for some reason sounded the best. I know having it in the garage messes with the sound but somehow it came out the best.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are you happy about the sound? It sounds pretty nice but thats phone quality and for only $208, I can afford that. Maybe you could hook me up with some links?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im really happy with the sound. honestly. it sounds a little like a v8 truck or dads camaro. up to 2,00rpms in 1st and 2nd. then once your cruising at highway speed its not so loud so you can still talk to people in the car.

as for links.. i had it done a a custom exhaust shop and they ordered all parts. all i can tell you is that flowsound IS exactly a flowmaster 40 series.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you. When ny brother got home yesterday he wantedto hear it so I started it. And he said it sounded a LITTLE bit like a mustang gt with exhaust. But only at low rpm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts