Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting impatiently for the G6 Coupe to make it to dealers' lots...I like the styling much better than that of the 4 door (also has to do with the fact that I'm 6'2" and can't get into 4 door cars very well [always smash my head]). My dad knew a sales rep from Conkle in Kokomo, so I drove over there to drive one...the ride was amazing. The Stabilitrak worked great, keeping me on the road when I went into the twisties :D (I was driving the GTP). Unfortanutely, they only had 4-speeds there and I don't care for that manual shift mode...I guess since I've been driving a manual transmission since I was 16 and then going to something automated, just isn't the same, eh? I have ordered an Electric Blue Metallic GTP 6-speed Coupe with Ebony leather and I cannot wait til it gets here! Hopefully if everything goes well, I'll permanently be a part of the G6OC.

After driving the G6 Coupe, here are my likes and dislikes:

--The Mercedes-Benz style windows...they roll down a 1/2 inch when opening and close the remainder when shut (tighter sealing).
--The vent in the cover for the sunroof ('bout time, GM)
--Monsoon with the DIC integrated into the radio
--3900 torque and power :eek: :D
--18" wheels...damn they look sharp! and they fill out the wheel well.
-- 2+2 configuration...looks nice, and they even shoved some cup holders and a little cubby in between the two seats
--Quiet ride (for now...hopefully rattles will not be discovered)

Dislikes:
--Cheap dash...needs a softer feel to it and not that hard grainy feel
--Headroom, even with my seat all the way down, with my sunglasses on top of my head, I was smashing them into the ceiling...guess that's a small price to pay.
--Those damn chrome accents around the gauges and radio controls, including the shifter...why not offer a satin finish to match the door trim/steering wheel? The shifter leaves fingerprints and palm prints...(I dislike chrome, if you couldn't tell)
--No side padding (armsrest and such)for the rear seat. It's a flimsy plastic
--Finally, although its something I can deal with, others may not, the headrests in the rear seats block what little rearview you have (they can be taken out)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh, yes, and the back seat of the coupe...if you are over 6' tall...good luck getting comfortable..that roof sweeps down and doesn't allow much headroom...I had to lean my head to the side to fit...but anyone under my stature should be alright...

Edit: Pics are now avaialble without clicking on links for your viewing please below :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do :) :thumbsup: I thought you were considering the sedan, though, since the pan roof doesn't come on the coupe? I wish it did, but then again, after hearing the problems such as rattling, I think I would pass and get a "standard" one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Minor item, but you will see in the picture above showing door switches that the coupe has express down for both the driver and passenger windows. "AUTO"

The sedan only has express down for the driver window - no matter what Pontiac's web site says :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts