Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess this would be a great thread to start up. Let people post here on how to do certain things such as, but not limited to, fluid changes (motor flushes, oil changes, cooling system flushes, ect), replacing parts, installing new stuff, basically someone can post on here asking the "How do i do a complete cooling system flush on my G6?" and then we would post procedures on how to accomplish whatever the topic is.

Im suggesting a new "Forum" called "How to Procedures" where we can post our topic that can be answered with a procedure or directions on "How To" accomplish the task???

My example posting a topic in this new "forum":

Topic Q: I want to flush my cooling system. How do i go about doing this?

Users A: Ok this is what you do;
1. Locate the radiator drain plug on the radiator which should be on the drivers side on the bottom of the radiator
2. and then so on....

Moderators, What do you think?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i actually need to know the procedure for flushing the cooling system myself. Anybody want to teach me?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Sounds good. I'll search to be sure we don't have a thread like it and if not we'll start a how-to thread but only the good ones will become stickys.

EDIT
I've asked adminastration for a HOW TO folder in the Technical Discussion & Modifications section, this way members that want to add a how to can do it under their own thread. Look for it, if admin will allow it, this week.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
good idea!

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I like this idea! I originally started in this forum looking for "how to" compress rear calipers. My second post was tips and tricks for DIY oil change. Organization is key to reducing duplicate threads. Most users don't know how to use search functionality well enough and are used to just "drilling" through content. If they don't find what they're looking for by drilling then they post new threads on really beat up dead horses.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know "how to" take a g6 with power locks and add a remote from the dealer to unlock the doors and pop the trunk. The g6 I have did not come with remote keyless entry but would like to add it myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is probably a completely retarded question, but how do you start a new thread? I have some questions about installing a double din pioneer dvd player into my 06 G6 Coupe. What will I need, will I lose my "oil life/miles to go" etc..

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
This is probably a completely retarded question, but how do you start a new thread? I have some questions about installing a double din pioneer dvd player into my 06 G6 Coupe. What will I need, will I lose my "oil life/miles to go" etc..

Go to the "FORUMS" at the top of the board then click the appropriate section. Once in the section you should see (at the top) a place to start you "NEW TOPIC".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts