Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see a few are posting regarding the new convertible with reference to awaited vehicles. Has anyone actually driven the convertible and have opinions to offer? I'm awaiting a Crimson Red GTP retractable hardtop that is currently in transit. Has the premium package, additional air bags, remote starter, engine heater. So far the only published review of a production model I have seen is in this week's Autoweek which features a full page article on an Electric Blue G6 GTP Convertible. Anyone know how many 2006 convertibles are being manufactured. It is my understanding that the 2007 model will become available in August so I am guessing that the 06's may end up being real collectors cars with limited production. Apparantly any dealer that does not have a present allocation is out of luck with regard to getting any additional convertibles for the rest of this model year.

·
Proud Owner
20 Posts
NorthGTP,
I know your posting was a week ago, but the answer is YES. We took delivery of a white GTP Convertible on Friday June 12th. As far as driving opinions, none yet. I had this car tracked down by a Auto Broker (known from past dealings), and through his fine work, I was able to obtain the car at MSLP less $1000 rebate for "changing auto manufactures" (from Ford, even though we did not trade in our 2005 Ford Focus Wagon).
Sounds like the same options you ordered, premium package, additional air bags (side), remote starter, however no engine heater.
Was this a good find - ABSOLUTELY :D :D
It turns out that this dealer had/has another (red) convertible on the show room floor. My Broker told me that the dealer wanted $2000 over MSLP to start with. :mad:
So needless to say we are very pleased, and now need to get some miles so in July we can take a 3000 mile round trip.
Later,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awaiting Road Test by anyone

Thanks. Delivery finally expected this week. Are you in the midst of your 3000 mile road trip? That White looks nice.

·
Proud Owner
20 Posts
NorthGTP,
Not yet, we are leaving after the 4th (July, that is). I need to get some miles on so as to change the oil (1000 miles), before we leave. Also, I need to get the car aligned; it wants to wander, and steering correction is needed most all the time.
Do you know, or know any one who knows (who has a service /shop manual), what the alignment spec. tolerances are ??

Toe, Camber, Caster

The dealer will do it, but I have some some alignment settings that work well, but need to know the range (tolerances) of the settings.

Later,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your G6 convertible

I've driven the convertible, only because I sell Pontiacs. The ride is incredible. Very smooth, very little wind noise. (I currently have a 2005 G6 GT)

The 2006 model is done. Most are sold. We've started receiving the '07 model and already sold the first one this past Saturday. I'm not sure how many they're manufacturing for '07. I hope I helped a little.

SHENDI

·
Proud Owner
20 Posts
See new Thread in:
"Members' Rides"
"2860 Mile Great Trip…EXCEPT FOR ……."

Explains all.

Later,

·
Registered
216 Posts
I test drove one and loved it, but not the 31K price for the only one on the lot. Smooth, quiet top up, pefrect wind in your face factor top down. Saved 10K by getting a GTP coupe instead, though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts