Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So ive got 08 G6 4cyl. The tire pressures read on thebdeck display except the right rear reads --. So i bought the reset tool, online research - and none of the process works to get in learn mode. Key "ON", hold down info- arrow button til horn chirps. Nope. Tried with remote lock/unlock same time. Nope. Tried bunch a variations. Nope.
Bought new tires & picked up new sensors since all the tires would be mounted. Figured have em replaced. That happened, now none of em read. Also the info center is telling me key fob battery low. Even with brand new battery. And serv tire monitor. Not sure if the info center is glitched or wtf?
Anybody familiar with this issue??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sensors have to be programmed to the car when installed to the rims, something not expressly stated in your posting. Not just a install and go with these, and then to go thru the steps you posted to display POSITION thru the DIC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I guess I just figured when they mounted the tires, they would handle wutever need be so they worked. And I can't get the steps on the DIC. Or in learn more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is my personal solution the stupid TPMS system problems. I have a 60 some year habit of checking my tire pressures on a regular basis. I replaced the factory ICE with a Kenwood double din unit so I lost my DIC stuff. I don't need to be told when to change my oil etc, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I keep a piece of paper in the car and change the LF RF LR RR to RF RR LR LF......or, however I roated them. Even the wife understands my method.

·
Registered
144 Posts
"Well, I keep a piece of paper in the car and change the LF RF LR RR to RF RR LR LF......or, however I roated them. Even the wife understands my method."

I understand but you can't do that if you have directional type tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts