Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to replace the thermostat on 2006 g6 3.5L, have watched a few DIY videos now confused about the actual location of the damn thing. Some show it under the throttle body? Others show it being replaced up near the water pump area or right front of the engine? Thx in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting ready to replace the thermostat on 2006 g6 3.5L, have watched a few DIY videos now confused about the actual location of the damn thing. Some show it under the throttle body? Others show it being replaced up near the water pump area or right front of the engine? Thx in advance
They way I found was to look at the overflow reservoir and flow the hoses... it'll take you right to it or follow the rad hoses.... there are 3 bolts holding... one you can't see... it's on the drivers side about the center of the engine...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They way I found was to look at the overflow reservoir and flow the hoses... it'll take you right to it or follow the rad hoses.... there are 3 bolts holding... one you can't see... it's on the drivers side about the center of the engine...
Thanks, am going after it tomorrow I will find out one way or another 🤣 Sure the coolant is ready for a good flush anyways 😎

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, am going after it tomorrow I will find out one way or another 🤣 Sure the coolant is ready for a good flush anyways 😎
It's a pain to get to.... the bolt closet to the fire wall doesn't give much room.... I had to us a wrench to get it out...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a follow up, yup 2006 g6 3.5L thermostat housing right under the throttle body. Just 2 13mm bolts that came right out real easy. Lost about a gallon of coolant, so I didn't drain the entire system just replaced what was lost with new. All good, so good bye to the 0128 code :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a follow up, yup 2006 g6 3.5L thermostat housing right under the throttle body. Just 2 13mm bolts that came right out real easy. Lost about a gallon of coolant, so I didn't drain the entire system just replaced what was lost with new. All good, so good bye to the 0128 code :)
Only 2 bolts? I had to remove 3 bolts... Maybe adifference between a 2006 and a 2008 ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts