Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a G8 for sale locally and was wondering if you all could help advise me on it. It's a 2009 with 49,000 miles with sunroof and they want $19,500 does this sound like a good deal? I'm considering selling my G6 to get it but I'm Not sure if that's a good idea. Any thoughts on it?

·
Legend
782 Posts
is it a base, GT, or GXP?

color and condition? paint chips anywhere? interior in good condition? rim scuffs?

if its all in good shape go for it if you want. but i would personally only want it if its at least a GT. they're all super nice cars and worth the money imo but id want that V8 growling under the hood lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely blue book it. Then try to get it a couple grand less than that. Although, it is G8 so that may be difficult. They wanted 11k for my G6 and I talked them down to 9k out the door because of minor details that were wrong with it, and because it only blue booked at 10,200.

Make sure to do plenty of research and tell them you're looking at a couple different ones that are asking for less and that'll make them go down in price. They want to make the sale more than you want to buy the car.​

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure it's a base model. Nice paint but haven't seen the inside. It's a individual that has it. I think I'll blue book it for sure. Thanks! Oh and it's red with dark tinted windows.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If it is a base I'd hold out until you find a GT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Who the heck would buy a G8 with a v6? I guess the other owner(s) eventually thought the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts