Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 19 and just bought my 2008 G6 coupe back in November and would like some ideas for some exterior/interior mods.

I'll put some pics up in the morning!

This is my second car, and I have no knowledge of cars or moddds or anything. So some assistance from others for the mods is highly likely needed. I could try it by myself perhaps...but I have a long ways to go anyways.

It's maroon colored also.

right now im thinking:

finally hook up my sound system!
LEd headlights (and the under lights too on the headlights...im terrible when it comes to headlight ideas for mods :eek: )
fog lights
tint
lower/springs
spoiler
chrome around the windows
debadging
new tires
rims (black or chrome...idk i can't decide! and red outlining maybe..? again, idk)
dual exhaust
some interior lighting

that's all that comes to mind right off hand.

posting pics asap! please and thank you for all future suggestions / ideas.

also...where do i get all this stuff? :confused: can i go to a local store and find some of this? and if im not confident enough to install it myself, where can i go to have it all installed? this is my second car and I really want to keep this baby for a very long time!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not many have the coupe on here so welcome! Get some eagle eyes headlights (black) for about 275 from ebay and some altezza black tail lights for about 90 dollars. Thats a start. It will change the whole apperance of your car. Check out my mods, I did them all myself except for the radio install

·
Registered
911 Posts
altezza tails for the coupe look great i'd go with what jlleez said and start with the Eagle Eyes and the Altezza's. find a professional who will do tint around you...if you're uncomfortable installing something theres probably a how-to on this site for it. a lot of members (myself included) start off with little knowledge and learn as they go...only way to learn is trying it out!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I went up to auto zone and found some cool seat covers, led lights, and some red led's for the interior or wherever i wanna put them

I was looking at headlights and wasn't sure what to get...plus I don't have any money at the moment so I have to wait anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i saw that...kinda hard for me to understand the angle and what not but i bet i can do it! i would buy the 12" string ones right?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think if i do any mods (referring to my PM i sent you) i'll do the under the dash ones and that'll be it for now. And maybe take off the door handle faceplates and paint them (cause that looks fcking sick!)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh i love it. and since my car's maroon it'll match even better!

but where do i get the paint?? and with tinting my tail lights, do i just need the VHT spray? and just take off the light case and spray it? do i need anything extra??

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts
for the vht you will want some clear coat 1500 grit sandpaper to wet sand. polishing compound and some wax. look up tinting with vht niteshades on youtube hundreds of videos. also the stuff i said will make your tails very glossy and look very nice. i just picked up some gm match paint in a dark red metallic and some clear thats it. you can do the wetsanding on those too if they turn out rough. then hit them with the polishing compound and they will look like glass

1 - 15 of 15 Posts