Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -
I'm in the process of buying a 2006 GTP. It has the panoramic sun roof and most of the upgrades including the monsoon sound system. It's under warranty - GM certified and has about 35,000 miles. Dealer is asking 13,500. I've been browsing this site and have found a lot of helpful info - especially regarding the panoramic sun roof. One question, does anyone know why they stopped making it? Any other info regarding this model would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend. Also - the color is crimson red and it's a 4 door.
Thanks!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
That pano roof is awesome but chaulk full of trouble. BEWARE!!!!

They stopped making it cause they couldnt afford all the warranty work that went along with it for 36,ooo miles.

Cost ratio was in the red....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your responses. I'm not on any other forums except a scrapbooking one...LOL. The car is in Minnesota. I'm a little concerned about the roof also. Do you think the dealership would certify a 2006 if there were any current issues with the roof? I guess the warranty is only for 12 more months. Thanks again for all your replies!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
GM cerification is not a bumper to bumper warranty.
Thats is just your drivetrain.

I ordered the pano on my car but the guy checked off the wrong roof and I got the standard sunroof. When I complained about it they said it was a $1200 additional option
so I didnt yell too much. Besides...when it cam in it was so freeking pretty I couldnt turn it down.

Anyway.....I still wish I had one, squeek/leak or no I think they are awesome looking.

Course I open my roof just about every chance I get.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lampoon. This warranty includes 12 months/12,000 miles bumper to bumper. We're going to go ahead and get it...I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I really want the panoramic...I've looked at a couple 2008's that are cheaper...just not the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Lampoon -
4 spoke. Funny you asked, because now there's a silver one that's got the same options available. This one has 3 spokes. What's the difference?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder why? It shouldn't make a difference, should it? We were going to get the car yesterday, but I decided to look around a little bit more. There's only 2 certified sedans in the area that I can find - within 100 miles, that is. Thanks for all your comments, you've been very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up my G6 yesterday - the silver one! Loving it...I'm glad I found this forum so when I have questions I can find the right answers.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
This was my last Pontiac, not this very one but one like it. Mine had different rims, they were cool. Maybe it was just me that made them cool:D

My wife had the 1995 Grand AM GT, it was kind of fun, we both had the same car like a "his and hers."

We traded in the 95 Grand AM GT for the G6 GT. That was fitting since the G6 is (was) the "6" generation Grand AM.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I don't get it...by the way I'm a her, not a him. What's wrong with silver?
:pOOPS, sorry!:p

Nothing really, silver/grey cars are know for fading or becoming discolored quickly. My G-AM above althought the paint never realy faded the color seemed dull and old. The good thing is it didn't ever get any worst than that. I spoke to several body shops about the paint and they all said the same thing "yeh we can fix it but it will just fade again". I sure like the silver too! We were mostly messn with you. Hope we didn't offend!
You are more than welcome to mess back.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL...here's the deal. I wanted a 2006 GTP. There was only 2 I could find with all of the options that I wanted. One silver, one red. I'm going to be 40 this year and my so called girlfriends all told me that if I got the red one people would think I was cheating on my husband. Apparently it looks like a mid life crisis car. So...I got the silver. Now I suppose in a couple of years it will look like a car I can't afford to get a paint job on. You guys should have warned me sooner! At any rate, it takes much more than that to offend me.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LMAO!
Its funny you say that about the mid life thing, I told my wife this morning that I should be going throught my mid life....... and to head it off I should go ahead and buy a NEW PORSHE!

This should take the sting out of being 44 (this year).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts