Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many wires should there be going to my third brake light. If its two and they are light green and black then im screwed . not getting power to those two wires what so ever. Brake lights work blinkers also . i need help .

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
126 Posts
There should be only two wires. There was an issue with those lights if I recall. Hopefully someone can chime in with more info. I think it had to do with the way it's wired because it is used by the cruise control.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
The only experience that I have had with this.... Bought our GTP used from a dealer. presumably passed inspection but the rear high Mount led light did not work. Took it to a dealer; quoted me over$1000.00 to fix it. They claimed that the LED light bar had to be replaced and painted to match the paint on the car.
I finally decided to take it apart myself. What I found is.... Two connector pins that were bent to the side, not allowing any kind of contact with the power source km. This in turn meant the light could not work. After carefully straightening the pins and properly connecting the wire. The light has worked ever since for over ten years!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts