Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was expecting one of these trims to get the axe (ST or GXP) thankfully it was the ST....

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090106/AUTO01/901060432

GM won't build G8 sport truck
Robert Snell / The Detroit News
General Motors Corp. told dealers today it has killed the Pontiac G8 ST sport truck, which was scheduled for production this fall.

The move comes as GM plans to shrink the Pontiac portfolio as part of a broader restructuring plan that involves cutting 21,000 to 31,000 jobs, eliminating about 1,750 dealers and closing or selling Saab, Hummer and Saturn.

GM is shrinking Pontiac into more of a niche brand and will save money by canceling the G8 ST and focusing the brand on "sporty, fun to drive cars," spokesman Jim Hopson said.

"Does this vehicle fit into where we believe Pontiac will be in the future? The simple answer is we did not believe so," Hopson said.

The G8 ST, a sports car with pickup truck characteristics that resembled the Chevy El Camino, would have been the fourth member of the Pontiac G8 family.

It was first unveiled during the New York International Auto Show in March 2008.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No! I have been wanting one of those since like 2003! Now I will have to freaking go all the way to Australia to buy one! Ughhhh! Dang it! I'm mad. They supposedly made 4 of them though and are possibly going to sell them at Barrett-Jackson sometime soon. I'll just have to go get a Holden in the future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone have a link to the pics? I have never even heard of that. I wanna see!

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks. It doesnt look that bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts