Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DShanman
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to the forum. I heard the other day about a throttle body spacer for the G6, but I can't seem to find one anywhere for my car. I have the 2007 3.5L V6 engine. I have seen peoples forum posts that say they have a throttle body spacer so I was just wondering where they got their throttle body spacer from. Thanks

Dustin

·
Registered
555 Posts
I doubt it, your right foot is the biggest determining factor on your mpg's
LOL

It may improve with a light foot, but not enough to do any savings at the pump.

IMO, i wouldnt do it just because....well just cuz lol Not really any reason too.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Because I can either get 15mpg or 27..... and that is all because of my right foot :cool:
Im talking about the throttle body spacer improving your mpg's, not your foot.:rolleyes:
Dont forget what topic your in, you'll just make yourself look like a fool.
Of course a light foot vs a heavy foot will get better gas mileage, duh!

Quote from jamestg6gt07 Post #7

(as you read this i was referring to the throttle body spacer, not your smelly foot. I have explanations of my post)

LOL

It may improve with a light foot, but not enough to do any savings at the pump.
(here, by using a light foot AFTER installing the spacer, YOU WOULDNT SAVE MUCH $$$)

IMO, i wouldnt do it just because....well just cuz lol Not really any reason too.
(here i was referring to the throttle body spacer not being worthy enough to install on my car)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just be glad to hear this, guys. My previous vehicle ran coolant through the throttle body...Once I saw this, I immediately ran over to the local parts store and bypassed it. I noticed immediate results. One tank of gas went 30 more miles than my highest before the mod.

So, a spacer might help, it might not. Not very probable...If you can get one for cheap, then why not? Once I get enough cashola, I'm going to work really hard on getting heat out of the engine bay. This might be on my list if I can find the materials for cheap enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.