Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if anyone out there doesnt like the electronic throttle just like me! I had a 2000 Cavalier before this and jumping into the G6 was cool at first, but i really miss the responsiveness from my old Cavalier.

Has anybody ever made the swap to the old cable to throttle method? If so, whats the process and how much cash-ola did you have to drop?
(08 G6 3.5L Sedan)
Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
It honestly wouldn't be worth it. There are protocols built into the computer and everything that control the throttle body and using a cable instead would require modification of a cable driven throttle body to fit to the LZ4 motor with wouldn't sound difficult but you would be getting into costly modification. Call around to some speed shops around you or some custom shops and see what they would charge. Each place is gonna be different but they should have some of the know how and pretty much all the tools to be a ble to do a job like this. Just a the cost of a very pretty penny

·
Registered
117 Posts
could just get it tuned.... just saying..

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Thought of this before too for my LZ9. Some kind of TB adapter plate would be in order but that's the easy part. You would then need the pedal bracket from J/N-body car or something similar. It could be from a Toyota, as long as you can install/position the pedal correctly and hook up the cable to the TB. Then the tune.... I'd need to look at my Hayne's for a wiring schematic, but IIRC, the TPS is actually the pedal sensor. The PCM then tells the TB how far to open. Two items concerning this will need addressed; the PCM will need calibrated to accept the new TPS readings, and there WILL be codes for the electronic TB not being present(trouble codes = delete). A dyno shop can handle this....but good luck driving it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts