Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2005 Pontiac G6 Maroon Base 3.5L about 2 months ago, got her with 103,000 Miles for $6,900.

So far I have replaced the headlights with Chrome Dash-Z Racing Halo Projectors with LED's.
Just ordered a CRABS intake from THE_Adam_V, should be here this week sometime. Plan to do a resonator delete.

Also want to get 8000K 55W DDM Tuners HID low beams, and 3000K 55W HID fog beams.

Was only able to snap a few phone pics in the driveway, my DSLR was dead :(

My Halos when I installed, installed a switch underneath the hood to turn off my low beams so I can just run LED's and Halo rings.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh I had no idea they can't handle 55w HIDs. Good thing I stumbled onto this.I just finished tinting my fogs yellow anyways and will probably go with the h11 to h9 swap and stick with halogen for now. I don't know why but yellow HIDs always look almost green from certain angles ha.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I had no idea they can't handle 55w HIDs. Good thing I stumbled onto this.I just finished tinting my fogs yellow anyways and will probably go with the h11 to h9 swap and stick with halogen for now. I don't know why but yellow HIDs always look almost green from certain angles ha.
Hmm, interesting. Maybe I'll get 10,000K 55w lows and 6000K 35w fog beams. I don't know yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Already am enjoying the itch! Next mods are
8000K 55W HID Lows
6000K 35W HID Fogs

and Satin Aluminum Figure Engineering Custom Upper and Lower Grilles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rotate the MAF away from the engine as much as the wiring will safely allow. ;)
I think that's as far as it will let me rotate it :confused:

Why does it need to be rotated farther? Just wondering... gonna order my HIDS and Grille overlays this week hopefully.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So after realizing that my low beams have been flickering on and off, I realized that my passenger side harness to the headlight has melted the socket for my low beam, and my drivers side has loose wires in the car side of the harness to my headlight.

Luckily, my dad works for a company that makes OEM and Aftermarket harnesses for many auto manufacturers. Instead of replacing with another 5 PIN clip, which is very uncommon for after market, I am replacing it with an 8 pin clip and going to block 3 of the connectors. Screw GM and paying $120 a piece for 5 wires and a clip for each side!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts