Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm just getting used to my newly acquired G6. Just wanted to know if this sound was normal and what it is. The car has the 3.6L. Here is the video.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the rate vary with RPM? Does it go away after engine warm up?

Model year?
I get rough idle. I did some more testing tonight. The car only starts ticking once the engine is warm and the rpm's drop all the way down. As soon as I give it gas it stops. When the revs come back down to idle it starts ticking right away.

2007 g6 gtp.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Just to be sure, grab that part (evap canister purge solenoid) -- you should be able to feel the clicking. If that's the source, it's not a big issue. They can get noisy with age & if it bothers you, just replace it. It's only a $20 part & easy to DIY.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be sure, grab that part (evap canister purge solenoid) -- you should be able to feel the clicking. If that's the source, it's not a big issue. They can get noisy with age & if it bothers you, just replace it. It's only a $20 part & easy to DIY.
Yup! That's exactly what it is. Thanks alot. I think I'll just live with it if it's nothing to worry about. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
On some luxury cars they sound-insulate those solenoids.

If you decide to replace it this should fit:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-214-1946-VALVE-ASM-EVAP-CNSTR/dp/B004OYBRGY/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=G6|2597&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Pontiac|52&Year=2007|2007&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=008[/ame]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts