Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2005 G6 sedan has been pulling to the right since we had the transmission rebuilt a few weeks ago, so I checked the toe-in and found it to be a little off - about a half degree toe-OUT. Since the steering wheel is turned a few degrees to the left while tracking straight, I needed to lengthen the passenger side tie rod just a hair - but I ran into a snag ...

After backing the lock nut off, I tried to turn the tie rod to thread it out of the tie rod end a turn or two, but it wouldn't budge. Since the car is eight years old and (as far as I know) the tie rod ends haven't been touched (my wife is the original owner and she doesn't recall ever having anything done with them), my first thought was that it's frozen by age/corrosion/dirt and that I just need to put a cheater on the wrench and force it. But, since I've run into a number of unusual design features on this car, I hesitate to force anything with some investigation. So, here's my question ...

Is there any kind of locking device or other feature that would prevent the inner tie rod end from rotating freely in its socket to thread the tie rod into or out of the outer tie rod end while in place?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts