Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want quick and easy replacement speakers that will work best with the stock monsoon 6 cd player radio. 05 pontiac g6 gt. The 6.5" and the 6" x 9". I was hoping to get the 4 speakers between $200 - $250. Any help and websites to buy from?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I just want quick and easy replacement speakers that will work best with the stock monsoon 6 cd player radio. 05 pontiac g6 gt. The 6.5" and the 6" x 9". I was hoping to get the 4 speakers between $200 - $250. Any help and websites to buy from?
I have the (stock monsoon) 6.5" 's, headunit, and amp for sale. PM me if interested.

Edit: Just reread the thread and I didn't know if you were looking for aftermarket replacement or OEM. Specify please.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
if your looking to keep your monsoon deck your better off with the stock speakers because nobody really knows how much power the system has, so speakers would be like guessing.

But if your upgrading the deck too, well then theres a world of opportunity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My speakers are blowing out so its time to get new ones. I'm not tech savvy on all the speakers out there so I was just looking if I could get some help on which to buy. Just looking for speakers so if anyone has ideas of what would be good to buy and the cheapest like i said atleast $200 - $250 that would be greatly appriciated :D Less $$$ is best for me.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Good luck there, unless you buy replacement stock speakers from GM I doubt you'll get what you're looking for.
Most aftermarket speakers are 200W and up and IMO if you're not pushing at least a quarter of that power the speakers sound like crap, no matter what brand.

http://mnrelectronics.com/speakers.html

I would take it over to a good audio shop and tell them what you want but if thats too much you can try replacement GM parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said I have the stock 6 cd player monsoon radio. from my understanding from other threads it puts out over 400 watts... I didn't really think it would be this complicated to get help >_>. Your making it even tougher for me now really. Sorry not trying to be mean just saying.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Well you want to know what rms rating the stereo has... max power (which is the 400watts.) doesnt mean squat

What everyone else is saying, is that because the monsoon radio doesnt put out much power, that there isn't sense in paying $80 for a pair of speakers when the stereo cant power them to potential.

But i will give you a recommendation since thats what you are looking for.
Infinity Kappas. They make both 6.5" and 6x9s.
And you can get them for pretty cheap off of ebay.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not 100% but I believe you need 4ohm DVC speakers. The DVC means dual voice coil. A normal speaker that you think of is a single voice coil with only two terminals (Positive and Negative). A dual voice coil speaker has 4 terminals (2 positive, 2 negative). I think there is some sort of connector to disconnect the 4 wires from the main wiring harness to pull the speaker out without cutting. If that is the case you could cut the 4 wires going to the speaker (keeping the wires connected to the clip) and connect those wires to the new speaker. That way, the connector will plug right back into the factory wiring. I'm sure there is a RMS wattage rating for the stock monsoon speakers that you can find somewhere, or even on the back of the stock speaker. Just try to match it to that (a little higher better than lower). Never look at peak power, always look at rms. Peak is just a way to make you think that the speakers handle 200w when really they only handle a continuous 50-80watt rms.

Hopefully some of this made sense, and hopefully this info is correct, or else this was just a big waste of time...lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just looked around for some info. It may be possible that the original speakers for the G6 are 2 ohm. There were a set on ebay and they showed a picture of the side and it said 2ohm on it. Info was scarce and scattered too. I wonder if asking someone at a dealer would help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts