Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
First, sorry for not being as active the past few months as I'd like, little over 2 months until the wedding, been settled into the new house for about a month and just got two 5 month old puppies - been a little busy haha!

So, the lady said I couldn't 'spend any serious money' on the car until I had it for a year, well ladies and gentlemen, its going to be a year here soon! I've done some preliminary research and what I've been able to gather is I need intake and exhaust before I really start thinking of anything else - baby steps.

I have a 2009 G6 GT (3.5 I think it is) sedan and I want to do some things to the car, but this is and will remain my daily driver (put on over 20k in 10 months, I drive a little). I'm going with a full Crab intake and thats about where my decisions have ended. As far as exhaust, I know go with cat back but I've seen straight pipe, dual and even X cross dual and to be honest, I have no idea what I'm looking at.

So my question - what would you all do? I don't have thousands and thousands of dollars but I have enough to make a dent (in my opinion).

Thank you again in advance for any advice/help
David

·
4,062 Posts
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! what kind of puppies did you get?

Definitly go with CRABS..and as far as exhaust look around on you tube and here for sound clips to see what you like. I went with GT-R and am completly satisfied, but quite a few people go custom and they sound really good too. After intake and exhaust you might want to look into a tune.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again! Yeah, we got a Boxer and Beagle mix for her and I got a Catahoula Leopard Dog - wild sounding huh? He's basically a greyhound and bull mastiff mix, both are 5 months old and right around 45-50 lbs. I can't wait

I figure the Crabs will be a def get, the exhaust I want is more modest, no rice but its not a v8 either, i want something that 'fits the car'. So far I have the fly eyes on the tail lights, debadged (mostly) and k&n drop in filter - so, I'm ready to actually start doing things haha!

So far my list - Crabs intake, exhaust (up in the air), tune (have not found any for the 2009, only up to 2007) window tint, paint calipers (already have paint) and then install my sub in the garage haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts