Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here is my baby. Custom catback system I took these pictures right after her bath a while ago but I now have two "euro stripes" on both of my front quarter pannels one silver and one black (on each side), pics will soon follow!:glasses3:

Attachments

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Those pipes stick out quite a bit.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, they do. I forgot to add in this part... I didnt buy the GTP rear bumper yet so he just cut a hole in the stock one for the second exhaust pipe and when I order the new bumper hes going to "reset" them to fit in the right way.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Eh, looks pretty silly right now. sticks out wayyyy too much...and some lame lime green decal on the back window...and not a fan of the " euro stripe "

Where did you get the window visor tho?...rain guard or w.e you want to call them? And what brand and they? im a fan of those!

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, looks pretty silly right now. sticks out wayyyy too much...and some lame lime green decal on the back window...and not a fan of the " euro stripe "

Where did you get the window visor tho?...rain guard or w.e you want to call them? And what brand and they? im a fan of those!
The brand is AVS "auto Vent Shade" and the number on the shade is 92239, My step dad bought them for me for a christmas present so im not sure where he got them from, probably Ebay or something, lol.

And I'm fixing the pipes I promise!!! & the euro stripes are great they look good. regardless of what you say and* I am a gator fan so deal with it :p

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Nice, Im gona order those ASAP

I guess I cant relate in terms of decals. Im not a big enough fan of any sport or team to even think about putting it on my car or even a hat or shirt lol.

Tint those windows and tails now :p

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I really like the window things. And the window tinting is whats second on my list. Cold air intake is number one. My boyfriends getting me the K&N Typhoon intake for my birthday :] ! And once i get the tint all the decals are coming off with the exception of the roxy sticker. It will look cleaner!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Im not sure on the specs of the K&N one...but I'd say get the CRABS. They are full 3inch, more air flow than stock...where as k & n is like 2.7 and still has that kink in it for the oil stick.

It also comes with a massive k&n cone filter and all! It really makes the engine rawr

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I looked at the Crabs and thats what I really, really want but* my boyfriend (owner of a 2000 camaro with a cam, true dual custom exhaust, hp tuners.... etc.) is a BIG* K&N Freak so .. im having a hard time pushing him towards the crabs :[

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well I looked at the Crabs and thats what I really, really want but* my boyfriend (owner of a 2000 camaro with a cam, true dual custom exhaust, hp tuners.... etc.) is a BIG* K&N Freak so .. im having a hard time pushing him towards the crabs :[
You're not doing enough to convince him ;) trust me get CRABS, you won't be sorry. Good looking coupe btw.

Debadge it as well.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm tryin, I'm tryin ;] I try harder and harder each day, lol! And thanks for the complement, shes a slow work in progress!!!

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha well thank you.. like I said she is a work in progress, I'm putting myself through school, working full time, paying bills and modding my car all shall come with time :]

·
4,062 Posts
If your boyfriend likes K&N that much I have to warn you that after he sees the Typhoon's lack of heatsheild he will be dissapointed. It sucks! Even if you do get the Typhoon you definitly want to look into the Crabs heatshield.... Oh yeah nice job so far.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well heres the thing, last night i convinced him that its my car, not his, if he wants the car payment then he can pick it out, Bahahaha! I told him "Look, these guys know what they are talking about they are G6 guys, I know you know what you're talking about too but no offense, you're a camaro guy" lol! I think I'm getting somewhere with everyones help ;] And thanks for the complement!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Most of us agree that K&N make good filters and generally good intakes while also being a decent company overall, but they didn't think the G6 CAI all the way through.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also went back and forth. It didn't look like K&N was as good of a fit, more like they altered the K&N to 'try' and fit the G6. I'm sure it's a decent CAI but The heat-shield looks very generic. CRABS is made specifically for the G6.....i've never looked back.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea the CRABS are deffinitley the way to go. I mean the guy that made the CRAB intake is on the site, he owns his own G6. Im sure he would only make the best and dam near everyone on the site has crabs and other sites too. Deffinitley the best choice, ill be getting the crab intake also here in like 2 weeks.

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
Very nice white 6, mine is in desperate need of being cleaned lol. It sits by a lake all day while I drive my two rwd cars all summer lol. Rob(lampoon) really knows what he is talking about when it comes to intakes for the g6. He really has perfected the intake for the g6, I have one of the original crabs that was designed for the old style MPD Hoods that started his intake obsession. He goes above and beyond any expectations you might have for a vendor.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys! I think between ya'll and me we talked him into crabs ;] I knew the creator was on here thats how I found out about it. The K&N really does seem generic when something is created for a specific car .. it needs to be on that specific car, HANDS DOWN!! But no offense guys are hard headed :D !!

Very nice white 6, mine is in desperate need of being cleaned lol. It sits by a lake all day while I drive my two rwd cars all summer lol. Rob(lampoon) really knows what he is talking about when it comes to intakes for the g6. He really has perfected the intake for the g6, I have one of the original crabs that was designed for the old style MPD Hoods that started his intake obsession. He goes above and beyond any expectations you might have for a vendor.
and Coupe thanks, but your coupe is amazing... I LOVE* the hood, thats on my list as well, lol.. the GTP has some extra "add-ons" that I really want, and will have one day!! bahaha!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts