Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my G6 tinted next week or the week after, and I wanted to see what your guys opinions are on tint level. I had 35% on my old truck and wanted it slightly darker, but I'm worried 20% will be too dark or cause problems. The cops around here are cool, but I'm not subject to only driving in my town. So what do you guys think 20% or 35%? I don't really wanna do 35% on the front and 20% on the back because you'll be able to see a difference.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm worried the 20% will be too dark.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im worried about both lol The 35% was pretty hard for me to see through at night, and I don't want to create trouble with the police, but they are really chill around here.

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
lucky u lol, ive goten 2 tint tickets in the past week. i would just go with 35% then. it still looks nice, you can see thru pretty good, and the cops thouldnt mess with u too much. if i remeber correctly my buddy had 20% all the way around on his cobalt and it hardley even looked like her had tint from the inside

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean with the 35% I had on my previous vehicle you could barely make out the shape of someone in the vehicle. Should I get the strip across the windshield?

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ehhh that doesn't look so hot to me. Im just tall, so I don't want it to impair my vision. Im about 6' 1'' so I sit up a bit. But they look nice if they aren't huge.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i had to lean forward and look up at stop lights =x thats why i went with a tint banner this time lol
Haha as long as you learned from it. I just want my car to have subtle mods that look classy but mostly stock.

My emblems are getting a chrome insert over where the red goes.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If 35% was hard to see through, you probably shouldn't get tint. You'll find 20% much more difficult to see through.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If 35% was hard to see through, you probably shouldn't get tint. You'll find 20% much more difficult to see through.
Well, obviously I want tint, but I just had a hard time seeing at night. It seems like each place I've had do tint varies on how dark their tint is for the same percentage. I think I am going to do 35% all the way around

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
% shouldn't vary from brand to brand as it means one thing; the amount of light that can pass through the tint.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know, which why I didn't understand why it was different. I still cant decide I'm between:

A) 20% all the way around
B) 35% all the way around
C) 35% front, 20% rear

·
Registered
1 Posts
i live in north east ohio and have never been messed with and i have 20% all around on my 06 coupe, i also go to cleveland and columbus quite often

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At this point I'm between 35% front and 20% rear or 20% complete. Why is this so hard haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts