Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you prefer legal limit in the front then dark as possible in the back or same shade all the way around?? Also how much did you pay for your tint?

·
Registered
25 Posts
THIS. This completely depends on where you live. I live in MN and my tint law is 50%, which is nothing. Sooo... On my last car, I had 20% All the way around (Monte Carlo Coupe). I was pulled over 4-5 times with a ticket each time. After that I immediately pulled off the front and was COMPLETELY fine.

So, with my G6 I put 20% in the back and 50% in the front, and no trouble since. I do wish I had 5% all the way around.

Edit: You might want to find a forum specifically for your State/Area. That way you can ask people locally about how the police treat tinted windows.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got 5 on the back and 35 on the sides. In PA the legal amount for the sides is 30 so I went the safe route just be sure. I paid $200

·
Registered
190 Posts
In Illinois, you can have 35% all the way around or if you have darker in back, you can only have 50% on the front two windows. With that said, I went 20% in the rear 3 and 35% in the front two (illegally) and I regret it. I wish I would have gone 20% all the around.

I did it the way I did hoping that the light front two would make it appear as the rear ones only "look" dark because it's a coupe, and it does, but I don't like the two tone look. You can see right through the 35% and it just looks a bit odd. But it's your call because if you go illegal, you run the risk of getting stopped for it and possibly even a ticket.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
But it's your call because if you go illegal, you run the risk of getting stopped for it and possibly even a ticket.
this is all that needs to be said... Unless your cops in your town truely have nothing else to do your going to get hammered all the time... and statie's like this stuff to... easy reason to pull someone over

·
Registered
317 Posts
i did 20% all the way around paid 160 with lifetime warranty..... when i got pulled over for it, i think its like 250 and you have to remove it

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
My g6 is legal at 35% all the way around, and only got pulled over once and that was last year after having the tint for 5 years than lol. When he used a light meter it showed 30% so just beware that the g6 does come with light tinting I think like 75% or something like that. My mercedes is 35% front and 20% rear with a 35% tint band on windshield. Almost forgot to add that they both cost$ 200

Untitled by zerosnipe, on Flickr

·
Registered
25 Posts
this is all that needs to be said... Unless your cops in your town truely have nothing else to do your going to get hammered all the time... and statie's like this stuff to... easy reason to pull someone over
This is soooo key. I live in Maple Grove, MN and the most exciting thing cops see around here is kids with flashy cars smoking weed, so they LOVE tint tickets because they can see if there is any mischief going on. (<Run on)

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
In Illinois it's $120.00
Around me, state is the only one who cares. I have 5% all around and an illegal brow (its longer than allowed)
I've never been pulled over just for tint, but it had been mentioned a few times when I get pulled over for speeding.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
638 Posts
in most states it is ILLEGAL for the cops to pull you over for tinted windows alone they must have another primary reason to pull u over first because tinted windows is only a secondary violation...........

that said i had 20% all around on my GT sedan and 15% all around on my gxp since 2008 and havent once been pulled over for it until i got pulled over 3 times in less than 24hrs about a month ago.........the city cop gave me a $80 ticket and when i told the state troopers i was aware they couldnt pull me over for tinted windows without another reason they said "have a nice day sir" and left lol......

either way shouldnt be a problem anymore for me because i have a doctors note now since i do so much driving and get headaches when not in a tinte vehicle

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes, i too agreed!!! It only takes one prick cop with too much time on their hands.....
Or if they have a rookie with them. They are extra prickish then too.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts