Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I have a 2008 G6. I'm trying to reset the tire moniters. I know about getting it to "Tire learn?", but after releasing air in the first tire and it honks, is it supposed to start over? It stops the tire learn and I have to get it back to that. So do you have to take the steps for tire learn for each tire or am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Follow the steps from the owners manual. Yes it starts out with the LF then honk when it is recognized and then the RF turn signal will flash once telling you to do the same on RF then on to the RR and then LR. I put air back into the tires once all four corners are recognized.

·
Registered
77 Posts
IIRC, you only have a certain amount of time to go from one tire to the next before the system resets and you need to start over.
Maybe you are taking too long?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whoever designed this loves to see people in pain. I don't mess with it anymore. When I rotate/change my tires, I make a cheat sheet indicating where each tire went to and came from. And, trust me, even dealers/tire shops don't know nor want to re-learn a G6.

·
08 convertible
269 Posts
And, trust me, even dealers/tire shops don't know nor want to re-learn a G6.
Hahaha, no I don't trust you. It took me about 2 minutes to do a learn and another 3 minutes to pump the tires back up. That was the first and only time I did it, no prior experience. I just read the instructions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts