Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone on here can help me.
I just bought a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT last week with 30,000. I love the way it handles and looks but i am really dissapointed in the steering feel. Its very sluggish and heavy and hard to steer. Always feels like it wants to pull straight. I dont know if this is just a characteristic of this car or not.

Now heres the strange thing.....I noticed that the rear tire size is larger or taller at 225/60/17 then the front tires which are 225/50/17. Is this factory spec? I though the back end looked a little taller.
Could this be the reason the steering feels so strange. I never heard of tire sizes being different from front to back. How would rotating them work in this case.? Do any of you have the same tire setup as this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
MIke

·
!
127 Posts
I'm pretty sure all four of your tires should be the same size. It sounds like the previous owner put two different size tires on it for some reason.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
225/50/17 is stock.
The taller tire would give a bit, reducing handling, but I doubt any noticeable amount. I find the G6 is sluggish in curves as well and has a need to straighten out. But, it’s a mid sized low/mid priced sport sedan. It does well for the money we pay. You can upgrade the suspension with minimal $ and get a tighter ride in curves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it at a certified used car dealer. Car was thouruoghly checked out and is in perfect condition. I might go and test drive another g6 with the same tires all around just to see what the difference in steering and handling feels like.
Its the strangest thing. I have no idea what would be the reason for the tire differences. They are the stock brand name tires,it's just that the rear wheels are noticably bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts