Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get a new set of wheels and rims for my g6. I know it has those sensors in the car to let you know the psi. Anybody know if i need to get the sensors if i get new rims or how that works?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know what year. I have a 2008 and I have the sensors. I have a display that comes up on my radio that will let me know all 4 tire pressure. I just dont know how that works if i get a new set of wheels. I think the sensor is in the tire or something I dont know. I think they call it TPMS

·
Registered
585 Posts
Interesting, wish they had included that on the 05's. Yeah, you will probably lose that feature with a wheel change, because i believe that it is directly connected to your stock wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah i think your right and if i dont get the sensor which is 90 bucks a tire then i will always have the orange light on saying check pressure so i dont know if theres a way around it or what

·
Registered
585 Posts
yah i think your right and if i dont get the sensor which is 90 bucks a tire then i will always have the orange light on saying check pressure so i dont know if theres a way around it or what
It's a cool feature but a pain in the rear if you want to modify. It's the same thing for the stereo, I've been wanting to change it, but i don't want to lose the DIC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The sensors are removable and you can move them to your new rims. It will just cost more to pull apart your current rims and then buy new rims and tires and mount them.
when i bought my 2008 G6 (not gm dealer), they came with new chrome tires. the only thing with that is that there are no sensors in them, so my system is warning me everywhere that something is wrong.

do you guys know if it's possible to install for example these on my wheels?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.