Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there would be any issues with having 15 inch rims and tires on the front of my g6, while keeping the rear with 17 inch rims and tires.

Is this possible or must I always use 17 inch?

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am wondering if there would be any issues with having 15 inch rims and tires on the front of my g6, while keeping the rear with 17 inch rims and tires.

Is this possible or must I always use 17 inch?

Thanks
Why would you put 15s on the front and 17s on the back?!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can i do it? I just want to get winter tires and rims.
So instead of spending hella money and time and frustration trying to install different sized rims on the car when it is already leaning foward in it's stance. Why don't you just pick up some stock g6 rims off eBay or someone off this site cause there are people who have been selling the stock g6 rims. Then take these rims over to your local tire shop and have then put some good winter tires on them. Trust me it'll be cheaper and will greatly reduce the risk of you throwing a hammer at your car in anger.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You can do it but it will upset the car's balance because you will get good traction with 15" up front and poor traction with 17" at the back. With FWD, it will make the car dangerous to drive.

The best way to go in terms of cost and performance is to get 4 16" steel wheels and put 215/60-16 winter tires on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts