Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a little something to think about. I copied this information today (June 6 2011). I have the Falken ZE-912 (235/17) on my G6. I had the same set on a Mazda 6 (its gone now) and I plan to add the Falkens to my Civic in a few more months. Obviously I like these tires but you can review the chart and chose for yourself.
(The red’r the dot the better)

Attachments

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to upgrade to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus from my MXM4's. My family has always been a Michelin family.

Why do you run with 235/17 when the stock size is 225/50/17? Do you have aftermarket rims?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Darn, thought I might have seen my tires on there - Hankook Optima ( H426 I think ) - what do you guys think about those?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been happy with the stock Hankook (Optimo 725) tires that you've probably got. I've had better tires and I have had worse, but for a stock tire they are pretty good.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to upgrade to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus from my MXM4's. My family has always been a Michelin family.

Why do you run with 235/17 when the stock size is 225/50/17? Do you have aftermarket rims?
Curb appeal, the size I run is just about 1/2" wider and about 1/4" taller. To me it gives the G6 a fuller stance. I've done this little trick for every car/truck I've owned. The first was a 1978 Cougar in 1983

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Curb appeal, the size I run is just about 1/2" wider and about 1/4" taller. To me it gives the G6 a fuller stance. I've done this little trick for every car/truck I've owned. The first was a 1978 Cougar in 1983
Doesn't that in turn affect your speedometer?

·
Registered
441 Posts
kniggit - I will double check on the model # but I am 100% positive they are not stock, I have a 2009 with just over 73k miles and they still have 3/4 tread on them, if not more. Got the car with about 20k and had them put new rubber on before I walked out the door. They do well I just wasn't sure if there was an upgrade for what I have that wasn't 200 bucks a tire haha

·
Registered
278 Posts
i run a wider and shorter tire aswell

Kniggit- i run the hankook v12's and i love them. for the price you can't go wrong. if you could afford the pilot sports they are great (but expensive), i ran them on my last car and was very happy with them. I run hankook as my snow tires and i have been very happy with them so i decided to give them a try. They grip better then any tire i have ran before and run quite (so far) and great in the rain.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Living in SC we barely get any snow, if we do then I just need a little traction so I can drive slowly home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
it would be a little odd for them to dig up a special OEM only tire, but not impossable if they were replacing yours, it could have been the over the counter equal/economy tire they found on hand

·
Registered
441 Posts
Kniggit - Double checked they are the H725A - not the 180 a tire I thought they were but 130-150 per tire is still decent IMO. I knew they were not stock though LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
i hate my optimos..i seem to run through them fast and they are reasonably priced but they dont seem to be as good as a bridgestone or michellin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts