1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
update: 11-16-2020
vehicle: 2009 Pontiac G6 GT
3.5L

Update 11/16: I was told my rack & pinion is bad, leaking & no point of changing only “inner tie rod end”

signs bad R&P
•swerving (almost like jerk from side to side) when going over uneven pavement
•leaking power steering fluid

my car isn’t grinding or struggling to make turns

(The swerving just started when I got a bad alignment)
_
_

I have changed

-front Lower control arms
-Sway bar links
-Outer tire rod end
-Front Strut assembly

-rear shock absorber (feels worse after)

The swerving is still very bad :-(
I love my car and trying to fix the problem

was going to change the rear control
Arms next (they were damage prior to bad alignment due)

Next up

inner tie rod ends
Rear lower control arms
(Not sure exactly which one?)

Should I change the actual
Sway bar, the bushings were acruallt
Cracked...can you just change those?

Any other ideas what else I could get?

the car is literally swerving and over hills and uneven pavement it floats and drifts.

not sure what parts control the swaying outside the sway bar really
Could use your help!!

I love my car bad alignment service forcing broken suspension parts “into alignment” basically damage my tires ability to drive straight.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We know nothing about your car as far as year, mileage, trim level, engine size or what area it resides.
From what you post of already changing and not helping the situation, I would get it into a reputable alignment shop for a thorough front to rear INSPECTION and itemized list of needs to be done and proper alignment to get all wheels pointing in the proper direction. Spend a little now to KNOW what it needs. You'll be better off and less overall cash outlay than throwing in parts and HOPING for a cure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why are you searching out solutions to these problems ? The alignment shop should have done this prior to alignment . Find a shop that does a pre- alignment check of components before they begin any work so you know what shape the car is in .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you searching out solutions to these problems ? The alignment shop should have done this prior to alignment . Find a shop that does a pre- alignment check of components before they begin any work so you know what shape the car is in .
I have taken to alignment shop & gm dealership service center. Initially they said tire uneven & Lower control arm bolt was too short/wrong size

now after I have gotten those things changed now they are saying I need to change entire rack & pinion That comes with inner tie rod ends

I have looked up symptoms of bad rack & pinion my car isn’t struggling to turn, nor making any loud noise, so I wonder if this pricey fix will really be the solution 🤔

they said I shouldn’t just change inner tie rod ends....
Also is there a way for the rack & pinion to be installed without going to a auto shop? I would prefer to use my mobile mechanic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We know nothing about your car as far as year, mileage, trim level, engine size or what area it resides.
From what you post of already changing and not helping the situation, I would get it into a reputable alignment shop for a thorough front to rear INSPECTION and itemized list of needs to be done and proper alignment to get all wheels pointing in the proper direction. Spend a little now to KNOW what it needs. You'll be better off and less overall cash outlay than throwing in parts and HOPING for a cure.
I have taken to alignment shop & gm dealership service center. Initially they said tire uneven & Lower control arm bolt was too short/wrong size

now after I have gotten those things changed now they are saying I need to change entire rack & pinion That comes with inner tie rod ends

I have looked up symptoms of bad rack & pinion my car isn’t struggling to turn, nor making any loud noise, so I wonder if this pricey fix will really be the solution 🤔

they said I shouldn’t just change inner tie rod ends....
Also is there a way for the rack & pinion to be installed without going to a auto shop? I would prefer to use my mobile mechanic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts