Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires going to replace the continentals. I'm going to get the bfgoodrich g-force super sport all season they are a zr speed rating would it make a difference since the continentals are a v rating

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I need new tires going to replace the continentals. I'm going to get the bfgoodrich g-force super sport all season they are a zr speed rating would it make a difference since the continentals are a v rating
It will make a difference if you drive really fast, but I think the answer is "NO". Where are you buying from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i get my tires from tirerack.com great prices, i have bought oh.,, maybee 4 sets from them for different cars now, and they haven't let me down. i now have eagle gt's on it, and i love them. before i ran kumho acstas i think... stuck like fly paper to the road!

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
i get my tires from tirerack.com great prices, i have bought oh.,, maybee 4 sets from them for different cars now, and they haven't let me down. i now have eagle gt's on it, and i love them. before i ran kumho acstas i think... stuck like fly paper to the road!
I'm glad you like the Eagle GTs. I found they lost their good traction after about 5,000 miles. I swapped to Falkens, so far so good.
EDIT;; that info was on another ride not the G6, I do plan to put the Falkens on the G6 in a month.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm glad you like the Eagle GTs. I found they lost their good traction after about 5,000 miles. I swapped to Falkens, so far so good.
EDIT;; that info was on another ride not the G6, I do plan to put the Falkens on the G6 in a month.
i only had them on for a few months, but i took them off to put my snow tires on. i hope mine don't do the same that yours did. i guess we will see

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yokohamas here and very happy....
Hell, I'll comment on those too.
I like the Yoks, that was my perfered tire till I got 17" rims and the price went up into the $140 range. Traction stayed steady the whole life of the tire. Tread wear was moderate.
Back to the GoodYears; The Wally World version of low priced Eagles sucked butt water! The worse tire I ever owned.:mad: I drove moderately with a mix of city and highway and theystill sucked butt water.:mad::mad:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
sucking butt water? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Did you ever use that term in any scholastic papers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i didnt get the tires from walmart, but i hope they are not the same quality as thoes are.
i might just check out the Yokohamas next time.

but i got to tell you.. the kumhos i had on really were the cats ass! there is a corner out by me house that is posted at 15 mph. with the kumhos on, i would be able to take it at 45 with out any tire squeel at all!

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
i didnt get the tires from walmart, but i hope they are not the same quality as thoes are.
My bad, WalMart sells a G/Y tire by the name "American Eagle" or they used to.. That tire is only at WalMart and it is that tire that sucks so bad.

I owned several sets of the Eagle GTs and they're ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts