Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace a wheel on my 2007 G6. The used one I bought has a TMPS on it. Now I know that it probably it is the TMPS is bad. But was wondering what do I have to do do to have TMPS on. The car that I bought currently doesn't have it. Do I just put the sensors in the wheel and now I have it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Take the car to a tire shop and have them test the sensors to see if they are working . By now I'm pretty sure that the battery will have failed in some of them . Then you can choose to have them replaced , kinda pricey , or live without them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
But was wondering what do I have to do do to have TMPS on. The car that I bought currently doesn't have it. Do I just put the sensors in the wheel and now I have it?
From what I read, you don't have TPMS and are hoping to add it? TPMS requires sensors, module and programming. (Wiring too, now that I think about it). I don't believe that TPMS was a feature until 2008. My 2007 did not have it.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
From what I read, you don't have TPMS and are hoping to add it? TPMS requires sensors, module and programming. (Wiring too, now that I think about it). I don't believe that TPMS was a feature until 2008. My 2007 did not have it.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Your correct on the year that TPMS started. You comprehend at a much higher level than me. lol (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts