Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a 2011 Subaru Legacy and i gotta admit that car was fun. Me and my dad were splitting payments on it. He recently blew out his knee and is being forced to retire. (He's 59 btw). So i traded in the subaru and managed to pretty much pay it off. Looking around for my new ride i happened to spot a 2008 g6 GXP sitting behind a building. Apparantly the girl couldn't put any money to hold it so they tried to hide it. It has 58,000 miles on it but looks pretty brand new. The best part is i managed to get it for 12,900. They can sell for 18,000 or more here in Pittsburgh.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
NICE! Welcome to the site! Any plans for it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well moneys a bit tight since im a college student. but im going to debadge most of it. i want to leave the GXP part on. I'd also like to black out the headlights and tailights and eventually tint the windows. I know im going to get a pair of black chrome rims for the summer and put the chrome ones on winter treads. any suggestions?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Black gxp coupes are sex. nice car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man. And well i got to debadge most of it. I left the pontiac symbol and the GXP on it. I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea id say red calipers...it would make them pop. nice car, check my progression page for other small things you can do yourself to your car for a reasonable price. i do all my own mods and none of them were too expensive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep an eye out guys

New tires and rims were ordered yesterday and should be here today. I will get some pics up as soon as they are on :banana::banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I painted my calipers black looks good, doesn't stand out, if your looking for it to stand out, red, yellow, or even silver. considering you got red lined wheels maybe red would work? I just think it's so typical, the red and black theme. But then again i did a red stripe on my wheels so i'm one to talk. haha.

nice GXP though, as firedown put it. It's sex, haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excuse the quality as its a cell phone picture but I finally got the wheels on and cleaned up. They are Focal F01's with michelin pilot super sport 225/45/18 tires on. The best part? We're getting up to 6 inches of snow tomorrow -_-

20120420_170821.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, thank you Cruisin. It means a lot coming from all you guys with awesome rides. I think I'm going to go with the red calipers but i'll let the girlfriend decide. She's an artist and graphic design major lol. Regardless of what I do it'll stand out though as not many people around here do anything to their cars.

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Looks good I love the black/red theme the bf has a black and red 4th gen camaro! .. i have blue calipers on my white 6 I wanted to make a statement ;)

Sent from my MB520

1 - 20 of 29 Posts